What was life like for people living with a dementia in a 19th-century asylum? Join Created out of Mind at Wellcome Collection to hear about the lives of asylum residents through medical accounts and to consider what this means for contemporary understanding and treatment of dementia.
Speakers and facilitators
- Gill Windle, gerontologist, Bangor University and Co-Director, Created Out of Mind
- Millie Ven Der Byl Williams, philosopher, Created out of Mind
- Hannah Zeilig, gerontologist, University of the Arts, London
- Elizabeth Brockman-Icke, cognitive scientist, University College London
- Gemma Goodall, music psychologist, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
This event is FREE. Tickets will become available below from 11.00 on Friday 26th January here.
This is a British Sign Language-interpreted event. To book a place with a view of the interpreter or for more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7611 2222.
Find out more about accessibility at Wellcome Collection.